Capitalizing on our adept professionals, we bring forth accurately composed Yashimycin Tablet 500mg BP that is used to cure bacterial infections & maintains the immunity system of the human body. It is composed of the stearate salt of Erythromycin.Erythromycin is known as a macrolide antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria and eradicate the organism from the body.
- Indicated for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate
- Each film coated tablet contains: erythromycin stearate BP,
equivalent to erythromycin 500 mg, excipients q.s.
- Colour: Erythrosine
- Adults: The dosage is 250 mg every 6 hours; or 500 mg
every 12 hours. Dosage may be increased up to 4 g per day according
to the severity of the infection. However, twice-a-day dosing is not
recommended when doses larger than 1 g daily are administered.
- Children: Age, weight, and severity of the infection are
important factors in determining the proper dosage. The usual dosage
is 30 to 50 mg/kg/day, in equally divided doses. For more severe
infections this dosage may be doubled but should not exceed 4 g per
- Erythromycin is contraindicated in patients taking terfenadine,
astemizole, pimozide or cisapride.
|Warnings and Precautions:
- Before taking erythromycin, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are allergic to it; or to other macrolide antibiotics (e.g.,
azithromycin, clarithromycin); or if you have any other allergies.
This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause
allergic reactions or other problems.
- Occasional side effects such as nausea, abdominal discomfort,
vomiting and diarrhoea may be experienced. Reversible hearing loss
associated with doses of erythromycin usually greater than 4g per
day has been reported.
- As with other broad spectrum antibiotics, pseudomembranous
colitis has been reported rarely with erythromycin.
- Allergic reactions are rare and mild, although anaphylaxis has
occurred. Skin reactions ranging from mild eruptions to erythema
multiforme, Stevens - Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal
necrolysis have rarely been reported.
- There are no reports implicating erythromycin products with
abnormal tooth development, and only rare reports of damage to the
blood, kidneys or central nervous system.
- Cardiac arrhythmias have been very rarely reported in patients
receiving erythromycin therapy. There have been isolated reports of
chest pain, dizziness and palpitations; however, a cause and effect
relationship has not been established. Symptoms of hepatitis,
hepatic dysfunction and/or abnormal liver function test results may
occur. The rare possibility of super infection caused by overgrowth
of non-susceptible bacteria or fungi should be considered during
prolonged or repeated therapy, especially when other antibacterial
agents are simultaneously employed.
- In case of overdosage, erythromycin should be discontinued.
Overdosage should be handled with the prompt elimination of
unabsorbed drug and all other appropriate measures should be
instituted. Erythromycin is not removed by peritoneal dialysis or
- Erythromycin Stearate Tablets are indicated for the treatment of
patients with mild to moderate infections caused by susceptible
strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed
- Acute Otitis Media (AOM), Pharyngitis and Tonsillitis,
Respiratory Tract Infections, Skin and skin structure infections,
Acne, Amebiasis, Anthrax, Bartonella infections, Campylobacter
infections, Chancroid Chlamydial infections, Diphtheria, Granuloma
Inguinale (Donovanosis), Legionnaires Disease, Lyme Disease,
Nongonococcal Urethritis, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID),
Pertussis, Syphilis, Preoperative intestinal antisepsis, Prevention
of bacterial endocarditis, Prevention of Rheumatic Fever recurrence,
Prevention of perinatal Group B Streptococcal Disease, etc
- 10 x10 Tablets in Blister pack
- Store below 25°C in cool and dry place, in original