The Fipronil Spot-on Solution For Puppies & Dogs provides fast and effective of fleas, ticks and chewing lice. It works rapidly and kills re-infection. The spray breaks the development life cycle and kills all the stages of fleas, ticks and lice.
- Each Pipette Contains:
- Fipronil : 9.8% w/w
- S-Methoprene : 8.8% w/w
- Excipients : q. s.
- Fipronil is belonging to the family phenylpyrazole. It acts by
interaction with complexes formed between the chloride channels and their ligands, especially
the neurotransmitter GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid), thus blocking the transfer of chloride
ions across cell membranes to levels pre and post synaptic. It thus causes uncontrolled activity
on the central nervous system of insects and mites and causes their death. Fipronil kills fleas
within 24 hours, ticks (Dermacentor variabilis, Rhipicephalus sanguineus, Ixodes scapularis,
Ixodes ricinus, Haemaphysalis longicornis, Haemaphysalis flava and Haemaphysalis
campanulata) and lice within 48 hours after application of the product.
S-Methoprene is a regulator of insect growth (ROI) of the class of similar juvenile hormone
which inhibits the development of immature stages of insects. Mimicking the action of the
juvenile hormone, the compound causes impaired development and death of immature stages
of fleas. The ovicidal activity of S-Methoprene applied to the dog results either from direct
penetration into the shell flea eggs newly laid or its absorption through the cuticle of adult fleas.
The S-Methoprene is also effective in preventing the development of larvae and pupae chip,
prevents contamination of the habitat of dogs treated with the immature stages of fleas.
- Studies showed that absolute bioavailability of Fipronil was 9.5%. The
Cmax was found to be 19 ng/mL in plasma found after 5 days (Tmax). Plasma concentrations were
below 1ng/mL (limit of quantification) by maximum approximately 33 days following topical
administration. S-Methoprene showed very low dermal absorption and all plasma concentrations
were below the limit of quantification (10ng/mL).
- In Dogs, Fipronil’s major metabolite on the haircoat of the dog and in the blood stream is the
sulfone derivative. Fipronil sulfone is produced on the haircoat (mean concentrations < 16% of
Fpronil during the first month after treatment). S-Methoprene is extensively degraded into
carbon dioxide and acetate that are subsequently incorporated into endogenous materials.
- In dogs after administration of the association topically, Fipronil is poorly absorbed (11%) with
average maximum plasma concentration of approximately 35ng/mL for Fipronil and 55ng/mL
for Fipronil sulfone.
- In dogs, the plasma Fipronil concentrations slowly reached a peak average about 101 hours and
decreasing slowly (half-life) by approximately 154 hours, the highest values are observed in
males. Plasma concentrations of S-Methoprene are generally below the quantification
(20ng/mL) in dogs after topical administration.
- The concentrations of Fipronil, Fipronil sulfone and S-Methoprene in peeling decrease with time,
but are detectable for at least 60 days after application in dogs.
- Parasites are killed mainly by contact and not by systemic exposure. No pharmacological
interference between Fipronil and s-Methoprene was detected.
|INDICATION AND DOSAGE :
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On provides fast, effective and
convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice. For treatment and prevention
of flea infestation (Ctenocephalides spp.) and control of brown dog ticks (Rhipicephalus
sanguineus), paralysis tick (Ixodes holocyclus) and biting lice (Trichodectes canis) on dogs.
Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On has a rapid onset of action and kills re-infections with newly
acquired adult fleas for at least one month.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On also prevents the development of flea eggs, larvae and pupae
produced by adult fleas acquired for three months in dogs after treatment.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On controls brown dog ticks for up to one month and paralysis ticks
for up to two weeks after application in dogs. Daily searching of dog is necessary to minimize
the risk of tick paralysis. Searching should continue throughout the paralysis tick season.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On may be used for the treatment and control of Flea Allergy
Dermatitis in dogs.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On is used for flea control as it breaks the life cycle on the dog and in its surrounding by killing all stages of fleas.
|Recommended Dosage for Dogs
|Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On for small dogs (For use on puppies from 8 weeks of age)
||upto 10 Kg
|Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On for medium dogs
||10 - 20 Kg
|Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On for large dogs
||20 - 40 Kg
|Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On for extra-large dogs
||Over 40 Kg
|TREATMENT FREQUENCY :
- For Fleas : Monthly application of Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On is recommended for dogs. All
dogs in a household should be treated at the same time. It is especially important to treat all
household dogs if any pet is allergic to fleas (flea allergy dermatitis).
- Paralysis Ticks : Two-weekly application of Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On in dogs is
recommended. It provides control of paralysis ticks for up to 2 weeks, use of this product does
not guarantee prevention of tick paralysis because ticks are not killed immediately after
attachment. Daily searching of dogs is necessary to minimize the risk of tick paralysis.
Searching should continue throughout the paralysis tick season, which extends from spring to
autumn, but may be year round in some localized areas.
- Brown Dog Tick : Monthly application of Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On is recommended in dogs.
- Biting Lice : Treat all household dogs at the same time with Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On.
- Break the snap-off top from the pipette along the scored line. Part the hair at
back of dog, at the base of the neck between the shoulder blades until the skin is visible. Place
the tip of the pipette on the skin and squeeze gently at one or two spots to empty its contents
onto the skin. Care should be taken to avoid excessive wetting of hair during treatment of dogs.
Do not allow treated dogs to lick each other or rub against other animals until the application
site is completely dry.
- Hazardous to Human.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On may cause irritation of mucous membranes, skin and eyes. So
avoid contact of the product with the mouth, skin or eyes. Dogs or those who have known
hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol should avoid contact with the drug. Avoid contact of
contents with the fingers. If this occurs, wash hands with soap and water. In case of accidental
exposure with eyes, rinse with clean water carefully. Do not handle treated dogs and don’t
allow children to play with treated dogs until the application site is completely dry. It is
therefore recommended that dogs are not treated in the day but in the early evening and that
recently treated dogs are not allowed to sleep with owners, especially children.
Do not smoke, drink or eat during application of Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On.
Do not apply Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On for more than 30 days.
|SAFETY IN DOGS :
- For external use only.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On is safe for use in dogs and puppies over 8 weeks of age and in breeding, pregnant or lactating bitches.
- Do not use Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On if you or your pet has a known hypersensitivity to insecticides or alcohol.
- Store below 30°C in dark place. Protect from heat and direct sunlight.
|PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS :
- FLAMMABLE Keep away from heat and open flame.
|CONTAINER DISPOSAL :
- Fipronil and S-Methoprene may adversely affect aquatic organisms.
- Do not discard the product or empty pipettes in ponds, rivers and streams. Securely wrap
pipette in several layers of newspaper and discard in trash.
- Veterinary Product.
- Not for human use.
- For animal treatment only.
- For external application only.
- Note :FOR THE TREATMENT OF DOGS ONLY.
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On For Dogs upto 10 kg - 3 Pipettes of 0.67 mL (For Use On Puppies From 8 Weeks Of Age)
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On For Dogs over 10 kg upto 20 kg - 3 Pipettes of 1.34 mL
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On For Dogs over 20 kg upto 40 kg - 3 Pipettes of 2.68 mL
- Fipronil S-Methoprene Spot-On For Dogs over 40 kg - 3 Pipettes of 4.02 mL